Thursday 14 June 2012

Gratitude journal

We are starting a gratitude journal inspired by Ann Voskamp's book:  One thousand gifts: a dare to live fully right where you are. I first red this book last summer when I need a little more pep in my step, and started a gratitude journal as a result. That journal turned out to be a very helpful tool to overcoming a hard time in my life being thankful and expressing that both in word and out loud made me respect life in a different way, I  found that it was very inspiring.

So I challenged my husband to Ann's Joy Dare,"because saying thank you can change the world". We are going to find at least three things to be thankful for for the rest of the year in the aim to get to one Thousand gifts.

So here is the Hill family's gratitude journal,

Thank you 

#1 the satisfaction of finishing hard jobs at work
#2 the shadows of friends on a summers day walk





































#3 images of a father and son playing hockey upon arriving home
#4 "playing hockey with daddy" J age 4.5
#5 slow cookers and the smell of  southwest chicken filling the house
#6 the joy shared in sharing baby names at birth
#7 special moments shared with co-workers

stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment